Why does browser plugin keep asking me to log in even though auto lock is disabled?

Options

I am not allowed to install the 1Password app on my work MacbookPro but I am allowed to install the browser plugin. But without the desktop app, the browser keeps requiring me to log in several times a day. I even set it to disable auto lock but it doesn't make a difference. This happens on Chrome and Edge browsers on my Mac.

1Password Version: N/A
Extension Version: 2.21.0
OS Version: macOS 14.4
Browser: Chrome, Edge

Comments

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hello @emanresu, thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're bumping into with 1Password.

There is currently a known issue when 1Password in the browser is set to never lock. Our developers are investigating the issue and we hope to release a fix in a future update as soon as possible.

While we can't give an exact timeframe on a fix, any updates will be posted on our website if you are interested -> 1Password Releases.

Do you experience the same behaviour if you re-enable that option and set it to lock after 8 hours?

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and select "Settings".
    2. In the Security section, turn on "Automatically lock 1Password" and "Lock when device goes to sleep", then set the idle timer to 8 hours.

Let me know how that goes.

-Evon

ref: dev/core/core#27669