When I open the App, it always starts with a random password in editable mode

Options
paulorobertogd
paulorobertogd
Community Member

I noticed that whenever I open the App on my iPhone, after checking FaceID, the app always presents a random password (which is already registered in the safe) in editable mode and if I'm not careful, I end up deleting an important password. I already updated the app and was unable to resolve it. Has anyone ever experienced this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• rfcnro
    rfcnro
    Community Member
    edited March 31
    Options

Starting with the latest windows update (Iphone 15pro 17.4.1) the app is opening in edit mode. I see this occurred in the past. Any solution or is this an ongoing unresolved issue ?
    Thanks

1Password Version: 8.10.28
    Extension Version: Not Provided

OS Version:_17.4.1
    _Browser:
    Not Provided

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @paulorobertogd and @rfcnro! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing the wrong item open in edit mode when using 1Password, our developers are continuing to investigate a few edge cases that have been discovered. A number of improvements have been made in the latest version, please make sure that you're running 8.10.28 (@rfcnro I see that you already are so you can skip this step): How to keep 1Password up to date

The next time that you run into the issue can you try these steps as a workaround:

1. Tap Cancel on the item draft that appears.
    2. Wait 2 seconds.
    3. Fully close the 1Password app: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)
    4. Open and unlock the 1Password app.
    5. If you see another draft, repeat steps 1-4 again.

The results will tell me more about the situation so that I can advise further. I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28720
    ref: dev/core/core#28645