Is it possible to give access to vault to a member, but so that he cannot see the passwords?

Options
BohdanBolshakov
BohdanBolshakov
Community Member
edited March 30 in Business and Teams

Hello everybody!

I need to give member 1 vault so that he can use the data to log in to certain services through a browser, but at the same time, so that he cannot see the password itself.
Is this possible?

Help if anyone has encountered this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited March 30
    Options

@BohdanBolshakov

You're most likely looking for the permissions settings.

Create and share vaults

• BohdanBolshakov
    BohdanBolshakov
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

Yes, that's right, I need certain permissions.

Now I’ll check what’s available at this link, if I don’t find what I need, I’ll come back here.

• ag_tommy
    Options

@BohdanBolshakov

I apologize, I just noticed you had posted this in the business and teams section. There are additional permissions that you may be in need of. This page may be more appropriate for your needs. Create, share, and manage vaults in your team

• BohdanBolshakov
    BohdanBolshakov
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

Thanks, I'll take a look!

• TimG1P
    Options

Hi @BohdanBolshakov

On behalf of @ag_tommy , you're most welcome.

I would like to take to provide some additional insight into this. With 1Password Business the permissions of a vault can be set so that team members or guests cannot view any passwords saved in there. To do so, disable the "View and Copy Passwords" permission under Client Settings when managing a person or group's access for a specific vault: https://support.1password.com/create-share-vaults-teams/#manage-access

Keep in mind, however, that while these passwords will remain concealed when they open the vault, team members will still be able to fill the concealed passwords using the 1Password extensions. As a result, if they fill the concealed password into a website that has the option to reveal it, there's no way for 1Password to prevent them from seeing it.

If you do have the opportunity to give this feature a try, let me know if you have any other questions or thoughts.

• BohdanBolshakov
    BohdanBolshakov
    Community Member
    Options

@TimG1P

Hi!

That's what I need. This is not available in Team subscription, am I correct?

Thanks for this addition.

• Dave_1P
    edited April 1
    Options

@BohdanBolshakov

Thanks for the question. Client settings require 1Password Business and aren't available for 1Password Teams at this time. You can read more about 1Password Business (and how to upgrade your plan) here: About 1Password Business

I hope that helps.

-Dave

• BohdanBolshakov
    BohdanBolshakov
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

Thank you, you helped me a lot! The issue is resolved.

• Dave_1P
    Options

The team and I are always happy to help! 🙂

-Dave