1P Not Functioning on Mac after Upgrade

Options
dulac71
dulac71
Community Member
edited April 1 in Mac

Your logo no longer appears in UID/PW fields when I try to sign in to a site - including the 1password.community site.

In Setting/Passwords/Password Options, only Keychain appears. Formerly, 1P was my selected option.

1P logo appears in the toolbar and as an extension. Either will open the app. But there is no interaction between 1P and Safari/Mac. Everything is copy and paste.

I've checked through Safari settings, Mac settings, and 1P settings and don't see anything obvious. Suggestions, please!

1Password Version: Mac 8.10.28
Extension Version: 2.22.1
OS Version: Mac OS 13.6.6
Browser: Safari

Comments

• dulac71
    dulac71
    Community Member
    Options

OP here. I shut down and rebooted. All is back to normal, in function. However, 1P still does not appear in the Mac's "Allow Filling From" list.

Very weird.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @dulac71! 👋

I'm happy that rebooting resolved the issue, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. 1Password doesn't use the "Allow filing from" setting in macOS so you won't see it listed there, instead you can fill and save logins using either 1Password in the browser (our browser extension) or using Universal Autofill:

Let me know if there's anything else that I can help you with.

-Dave

• dulac71
    dulac71
    Community Member
    Options

I was surprised not to see 1P in the MacOS Settings because it is always in the iOS Settings. I had update both 1P and the Mac OS the same day. Obviously, they rebooted themselves. Surprised they needed another reboot - and an Option-Command-P-R to play nicely. Thanks.

• Dave_1P
    Options

I'm glad that everything is working now. If the issue comes back then let me know and I can help further. 🙂

-Dave