Unlocking 1Password with Chrome login form doesn't work

Options
bryanjuho
bryanjuho
Community Member
edited April 2 in 1Password in the Browser

Like the image above, when I click "Use 1Password", it doesn't open up the 1Password unlock UI, and nothing happens.

It works fine in Safari, but in Chrome I always have to go up to the extensions menu and
click this icon instead.

I don't know if another extension is causing this or what, but it doesn't work on incognito too.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.10.28
Extension Version: 2.22.1
OS Version: macOS 14.4.1
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @bryanjuho! 👋

I'm sorry that 1Password in the browser isn't unlocking when you need to fill your login. It sounds like communication between the 1Password extension in your browser and the 1Password for Mac app has broken down. To fix this please do the following:

1. Close all open web browsers.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon at the top of your Mac's screen and then click Quit. Wait until the icon disappears.
    3. Double-click on 1Password from your Mac's Applications folder.
    4. Open your web browser.

Let me know if that fixes the issue. I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• bryanjuho
    bryanjuho
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

Hi Dave, while following your instructions, I found out that clicking "Use 1Password" in the login form only works when I have "Keep 1Password in the menu bar" toggled.

Is this a bug or is it really this way?
    Thanks.

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hello @bryanjuho, thank you for your reply.

If you turn off "Keep 1Password in the menu bar" then 1Password's processes will completely close once you close the main window. To keep those processes running in the background and ready to accept communication from 1Password in the browser, you'll need to enable "Keep 1Password in the menu bar".

Since 1Password is critical security software that stores your most important information, it will only run in the background if the menu bar icon is enabled so that users are always aware when 1Password is open and potentially unlocked on their Mac.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Evon