Does Google Workspace on Android support 1Password Passkeys?

Options
keithbucher
keithbucher
Community Member
edited April 9 in Android

I would like to use 1Password to manage my passkeys for the Google Workspace apps on all my devices. I haven't had issues with MacOS and Windows logins. However on Android, I cannot use passkeys in 1Password.

Setup:
Google Pixel 6a
Android 14 + current updates
1Password 8.10.30

I have enabled the appropriate Chrome settings and successfully used passkeys with eBay from 1Password. When I go to Manage my Google Account -> Security -> Passkeys and Security keys I see a 1Password created passkey as well as my automatically created passkey that is device bound to the phone. If I click the "Create a passkey", nothing happens, no error or other dialog. I have also tried enabling 2-factor authentication and adding a security key, but this simply waits for a hardware key and does not give me the ability to create one in 1Password.

Is it possible to use 1Password for Passkey login on Android to Google Workspace and associated applications? I can successfully login to Google Workspace apps through Chrome using passkeys on other platforms, but on Android I don't see a way to do it other than with the automatically created passkey tied to my phone. I would like to not have to enroll all my device passkeys and just use the one in 1Password.

1Password Version: 8.10.30
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 14
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @keithbucher! 👋

I'm sorry for the delay in replying. I see that you sent an email to our support team as well and one of my colleagues just replied a few hours ago, please continue the conversation there. If you don't see their reply then check your spam/junk folder.

I'll close this thread to prevent having the same conversation in multiple places at once.

-Dave

ref: XXS-32767-471

This discussion has been closed.