Web extension freezes web site for 30 seconds and [USO] Button detection aborting due to timeout.

Options
radioguy00
radioguy00
Community Member
edited April 3 in 1Password in the Browser

Version 2.22.1 of the browser extension freezes web page up to 30 seconds and generate the message "[USO] Button detection aborting due to timeout" in the developer window.

The web site itself has not been changed for several years and previous versions of the extension did not cause this issue

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.22.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @radioguy00! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing performance issues and error messages when using 1Password in the browser. As a troubleshooting test, can you try the following:

1. Right-click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and select Settings.
    2. Select the Autofill tab.
    3. Disable Offer to save "sign-in with" logins.
    4. Disable Log in automatically using "sign-in with" provider.
    5. Return to the website where you're seeing the issue, refresh the page, and then check to see if you still see the message in the console log and the performance issue.

Would you also be able to share the web page where you're encountering this issue? If you don't want to share it on the public forum then you can email it to support+forum@1Password.com and include a link to this thread. I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#27647

• radioguy00
    radioguy00
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you; I have provided the results and the webpage in an email
    Sincerely. Thierry

• Dave_1P
    Options

@radioguy00

Thank you, if you still haven't received a reply from one of my colleagues then can you post the Support ID of the auto-reply here? The Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• kn1pass
    kn1pass
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

We are seeing the same exact issue. On a page with a lot of text inputs, the whole browser (chrome) freezes for about 10 seconds, followed by the "[USO] Button detection aborting due to timeout.", and then that particular field works after that. We tried setting "data-1p-ignore", but that does not seem to help. Is there a solution/workaround for this? As another option, is there a way to add specific URLs to be excluded from 1password's extension?

Thank you!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@kn1pass

I'm sorry that you're seeing the same issue. I'd like to ask you to send in a console log when reproducing the issue:

Attach the file to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#27647