Watchtower displays passkeys available on devices where they can't be used

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Passkey support inconsistencies between platforms.

Comments

• nukmicah
    nukmicah
    Community Member
    Options

I also find a number of sites only support iOS passkeys, whereas I have Android. For example https://passkeys.directory/details/robinhood and also https://help.twitter.com/en/managing-your-account/how-to-use-passkey.

A bit annoying to be notified that such-and-such a service now supports passkeys, only to find out they're not supported on the device that's notifying me.

• TimG1P
    Options

Hey @nukmicah

I do apologize for the confusion caused by Watchtower displaying a banner stating a passkey is available in the 1Password app on devices where those particular passkeys are not supported. The team has received a significant amount of feedback regarding how this functions and with a recent change to the 1Password apps, Watchtower's "Use passkey" button will now redirect you to the corresponding passkeys.directory page. This allows you to view how and where a passkey for a particular website is supported so that you can confirm that you’ll be able to save and sign in with passkeys using 1Password on your Android device.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to assist you further.

• nukmicah
    nukmicah
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, I am getting redirected to the passkeys.directory page now which is a nice improvement over previous stuff. I did already have that experience though when writing the comment above, and would still appreciate improvements something along these lines:

Here's a mockup of what I would find helpful:

• Dave_1P
    Options

@nukmicah

Thank you for reporting the broken link, I've filed an internal issue to get that fixed.

That feedback is very helpful! I can see how having a partial designation could be useful and I've passed your comments and illustration along to the team.

Let me know if there's anything else that I can help you with.

-Dave

ref: web/future.1password.com/-/issues/55