Apple devices management

Options
coheneric5
coheneric5
Community Member
edited April 9 in iOS

Hello,

I have a small-med company with 12-15 employees, so around 15 apple devices. I would like to be able to store all my apple login credentials from my employees in case they leave the organization so I can have access to my apple device.

Any idea please?

Best.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 14.2.1 (23C71)
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @coheneric5! 👋

Thank you for reaching out! Can you clarify your goal a little bit more? As you saying that you're like to store the usernames and passwords of every individual employee's Apple ID in a vault that you have access to? Or the device passcode of each iPhone that your employees use?

What information specifically are you hoping to have access to when an employee leaves? Are you using any sort of mobile device management (MDM) solution?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• coheneric5
    coheneric5
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I would like to store all devices passcode of each imac or macbook that our employees use. No mobile devices is needed to be stored. Only laptops or desktops.

Best.

• coheneric5
    coheneric5
    Community Member
    Options

Hello any update?

• Dave_1P
    edited April 10
    Options

@coheneric5

I'm sorry for the delay in replying. You can create a new Password item for each employee in a private vault and save the password there if you wish: Create and edit items

However this doesn't seem like a good idea. Your employees should be trained to not share their passwords with others, including with your IT team or with you, since it can lead to increased susceptibility to phishing attacks.

I would recommend looking into device deployment/management software such as Apple Business Manager and Intune since that would allow you to retain control over the devices that you provide to your employees without requiring that they provide you with their passwords directly.

-Dave