Exact domain match doesn’t work on keyboard suggestions

Options
asdfasdf3211
asdfasdf3211
Community Member

I have several records of the same domain but with different subdomains. I have set them to only match exact domain. It works when the 1P is open through clicking the key icon, however the automatic suggestion above keyboard will always show sub0.domain.com’s record (maybe it’s the first one ever created for domain.com idk).

Please fix asap, thanks!

1Password Version: 8.10.28
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 17.4.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• asdfasdf3211
    asdfasdf3211
    Community Member
    Options

I have several records of the same domain but with different subdomains. I have set them to only match exact domain. It works when the 1P is open through clicking the key icon, however the automatic suggestion above keyboard will always show sub0.domain.com’s record (maybe it’s the first one ever created for domain.com idk).

Please fix asap, thanks!!

1Password Version: 8.10.28
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 17.4.1
    Browser: Not Provided

• Hi @asdfasdf3211 - the suggestions placed directly above your keyboard are put there by iOS Password AutoFill, based on your 1Password data. I'm afraid that 1Password isn't able to apply any autofill behaviours that you've set until you tap the "🔑" / "🔑 Passwords" button to open the 1Password AutoFill interface.

If you find that you're frequently seeing the incorrect item suggested by iOS Password AutoFill, you can disable the suggestions:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for iOS.
    2. Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left and choose Settings > AutoFill.
    3. Disable Show filling suggestions.

With this setting disabled, you'll always see the "🔑 Passwords" button, allowing you to open 1Password and view suggestions based on the autofill behaviours that you've set.

If you use Safari as your browser, you can set up 1Password for Safari, which will always make suggestions based on your settings: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

• asdfasdf3211
    asdfasdf3211
    Community Member
    Options

@Kester.D_1P the iOS autofill suggestion grabs the data from 1P right? Do you mean that when ios sends queries to 1P, iOS only sends the domain instead of the FQDN?

• Hi @asdfasdf3211 - Sorry for the delay in getting back to you here. Basically yes, iOS Password AutoFill will suggest Logins where the subdomain is not an exact match.