The "sign-in with" feature doesn't work when specified manually?

Options

I know about the 1Password's "Sign-in with" feature the way it is described in many sources (for ex., in this article or ins this post) and I have no problems with it.

Recently I tried to use it in a bit different way. I was looking for a way to create references between items (for ex., when I log in to multiple services using the same credentials) so I don't have to store username/password multiple times. At work we have some such services, for ex. ORACLE PeopleSoft and others, which doesn't expose explicit SSO functionality (e.g. they don't have a UI allowing to log in using an external credential provider like Google or Microsoft), but they still expect you to sign in using your 'main' ogranization account. I suppose they still use SSO somehow undercover.

Because of this, 1Password isn't able to automatically detect that I've signed using external credentials and doesn't offer to save "Sign-in with" info, nor it it able to automatically sign me in on these sites (unless I manually specify username and password, of course). I'm fine with the first inconvenience, since I can manually edit the entry for the websit, add the "Sign-in with" field and select the account I'd like to sign-in with. But then, when I try to log in, 1Password doesn't fill username and/or password, because they are empty, and it ignores the "sign-in with" field I added.

I suppose that the autofill feature for "sign-in with" field kicks in only if the target website exposes SSO functionality explicitly. What I think would be useful if 1Password could also use that field to simply use credentials of the referenced item to fill-in user/password fields. In other words, if a used added the "sign-in with" field and selected another account there, it's username and password should be used instead of those specified explicitly (ideally, with an ability to override username, because some sites require full username in email format, some just the username).

1Password Version: 8.10.28 (81028034)
Extension Version: 2.22.1
OS Version: macOS 14.4.1
Browser: Chrome