I don't need a Family subscription, do I?

Options
chambeto
chambeto
Community Member

Hello, I'm just getting started with 1P, and I purchased a Family subscription, which I'm thinking now that I don't really need. My password sharing needs are very limited. My wife and I are retired, and all I want to be able to do (sharing-wise) is make it possible for my wife to not have to worry about knowing (or asking me for) passwords to websites that we both access regularly. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.22.1
OS Version: Mac 14.4.1, iOS 17.3.1
Browser: Firefox, Chrome

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited April 9
    Options

@chambeto

You could share an account, assuming that you want to share all the details. You'd need to name items something meaningful to help you keep yours distinct from theirs. In this setup, both of you will share a single personal/private vault.

A family account does have its benefits in that each person has an individual Personal/Private vault. You'll have a shared vault to place any data into that you wish to share, and perhaps the best reason is 🚑 Recover accounts for family or team members

You might consider the family membership if you have a relative you'd like to invite who could help you with account recovery should it ever be needed.