Enable or Disable 1Password at system startup

Options
Community Member

Hi there,

Could you please add a checkbox in the settings (General section) of the app to enable or disable the launch of 1Password at system startup.

The only way to do this right now is with the Task Manager while debugging startup issue of Windows, but the Windows app is missing this setting within the app.

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @0100110! 👋

Thank you for reaching out! I don't recommend that you prevent 1Password from launching when you start your PC since important background processes won't open and you won't have Quick Access available on demand, nor would your experience using 1Password in the browser be as smooth.

Is there a reason why you'd like to turn off 1Password from launching at startup?

If you would like to go ahead and stop an app from running at startup then you can follow these steps: Change which apps run automatically at startup in Windows - Microsoft Support

-Dave

Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave,
    Yes, I know the app is required to run for quick access and integration with the browser extension. But I prefer to control which apps are launched on system startup. I know the procedure you posted, I just think it would have been easier with a setting in the desktop app. It is common for the majority of Windows apps that launch at startup to have an option.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@0100110

I've passed your request for a login toggle inside of the 1Password for Windows app along to the product team. They'll consider it for future versions of 1Password.

Thank you for the feedback! 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-39236711