Duplicating An Entry to Push to Another Vault

Options
andihawes08
andihawes08
Community Member

Wondered if i can get a tip. Ifi have a passowrd and detaiols saved for 'Entry A' in a Vault for me: Andi, and i want to share this with my wife; Sara, i have to duplicate the item to add it to her vault.

If 'Entry A' details change, i have to remember to update both.

Is this how vaults shouild be used? Seems hard work to auto change one 'Entry A' and then have to change a 2nd...?

1Password Version: 12.53.40
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@andihawes08

Create a new vault to contain items you want to share with specific subset of users. Give vault access to your list of users. This avoids duplication (which is highly discouraged, as items will get out of sync).

You can make the vault read-only for everyone but yourself so that you don't have to worry about others changing items. Or you can provide edit permissions to others if you want. Just remember, this will allow others to change, delete, or archive items in the vault.

The reason for the separate vault is so you can control edit permissions, and the list of users who have access.

• ag_tommy
    Options

@andihawes08

It's best to move the item to a shared vault to which you both have access. That way, it can be updated by either party. If you duplicate it, it's as it sounds, and one copy could be updated, and the change would not be reflected on the other copy.

By far, move, and allow it to live in a vault that you both have access to is the best option.