Can 1Password automatically fill a checkbox?

Options

Is there a way to autofill the "Security Code" checkbox on eTrade?

If you have 2FA turned on, you can now select a checkbox to show a 3rd input box for the 2FA from Symantec VIP. I know 1Password does not support an integration with Symantic VIP, but autofilling that checkbox would be nice to help remind me that for this 1 app out of dozens I have to track down that extra app on my phone.

1Password Version: Windows 8.10.28 (81028034)
Extension Version: 2.22.1
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: FireFox 124.0.2 (64-bit)

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @gjatkinson! 👋

Thanks for the question! You can have 1Password automatically check that box by saving a new Login item for the website manually. Follow these steps:

1. Open the eTrade login page.
    2. Type in or fill your Login information but don't login just yet.
    3. Check the "Use security code" box.
    4. Right-click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and click Save Login.
    5. Choose your existing login and then click Update.

Them, refresh the eTrade webpage and fill your login again. You should see the "Use security code" box checked. If that doesn't happen then try the steps again but this time save a new Login item at step 5 rather than updating the existing login, then try to fill the new Login item.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

-Dave

• gjatkinson
    gjatkinson
    Community Member
    edited April 12
    Options

Thanks. That does work. Not sure why it did not previously or maybe I was expecting to see some reference to the checkbox in the saved entry. Thanks!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@gjatkinson

I'm happy that the steps helped. 🙂

-Dave