Vault App Access management pane missing 1Password Browser Extension permission.

Options
mrccs64
mrccs64
Community Member

Hello all,

First time posting here, so thank you in advance for your help.

I'm running in to an issue with Vault App Access management. In this documentation link https://support.1password.com/create-share-vaults-teams/#manage-access you can see there is an screenshot that shows an option to allow 1Password Browser Extension permissions to a vault. That is fine, but when I go to a vault I've created myself in our 1Password account, the pop-up window I get, does not list the 1Password Browser Extension as an option.

I've been looking everywhere to figure out if this is a permission issue with the vault, my user or any of the groups I belong to, but I can't find anything obvious that will tell me why the 1Password Browser Extension option is missing when I'm trying to set app permissions on a vault.

Do I need to belong to a special group of set some permission that is not obvious to me?

Thanks a lot for your help.

My Browser: Chrome and Brave (both show the same)
Account Type: 1Password Business

This is what I see:

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @mrccs64! 👋

Thanks for reaching out. Our team is working to add "1Password Browser Extension" to the list and our documentation revealed a sneak peek at the option but it isn't available just yet.

I'll let the team know that the difference between our documentation and the production release of 1Password can cause confusion. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

ref: dev/b5/b5#22377

• mrccs64
    mrccs64
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Dave,

Thanks for the reply. Any idea when the option will be available?
    We are interested on isolating some vaults and remove that permission from said vaults, but we can work with this for the time being.

Thanks again and kudos for the great work.

• Dave_1P
    edited April 17
    Options

@mrccs64

Thanks for the kind words! The documentation was updated to include the toggle by mistake but the feature isn't finished or ready for release just yet. I don't have an ETA on when the feature will be released but hopefully the team will be able to get it out the door soon.

I've reached out to our technical writing team and the toggle has been removed from the image in our documentation for now: Create, share, and manage vaults in your team

I'm sorry again for the confusion.

-Dave

ref: dev/web/support.1password.com#4373