To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I have 2 different 1Password Emergency Kits with different Secret Keys.

Options
mbolinga
mbolinga
Community Member
edited April 12 in Memberships

I'm not sure how or why, but I have 2 different 1Password Emergency Kits with different Secret Keys. I've been using 1Password for years, but I can't recall why I would have two different Secret Keys. I have a document in my safe deposit box, but just found another with a different secret key in my files. Is there a way for me to test which one is the correct one for my 1Password account?

1Password Version: 8.10.28
Extension Version: 2.22.1
OS Version: Mac OS 13.6
Browser: Safari

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@mbolinga

It may have been you had one account and then moved to another? We don't have access to details like that here in the community. You can try to login to 1Password.com from your current account and from there there visit your profile page. The Secret Key should be displayed there. If you'd like us to look into this more email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

Include the following:

Your user name here in the forum. mbolinga
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/145314/i-have-2-different-1password-emergency-kits-with-different-secret-keys#latest

This will help us connect the dots as they say.

• mbolinga
    mbolinga
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! I didn't realize the secret key would be part of my profile. I was under the impression it was something I had to save offline, as it wouldn't be anywhere else. I was able to log in to 1password.com and find it.

• GreyM1P
    Options

@mbolinga

That's great! You can always grab a new copy of your Emergency Kit from 1Password.com.

Get to know your Emergency Kit

However, you can also find your sign-in details (including email address and Secret Key, but not your account password) in other places besides just your Emergency Kit:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

We'll be here if you need anything, so do let us know. :)