To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Any plans to allow for password merging?

Options
Leafyon
Leafyon
Community Member
edited April 16 in Memberships

I'm on a 2 week trial for 1password and I recently imported my passwords from chrome to 1password. However I've noticed that I have a ton of "reused passwords" watchtower is warning me about but the reality is they're all duplicate passwords due to websites having multiple urls to allow login.

For example aliexpress itself has multiple different urls to allow login:

m.aliexpress.com
login.aliexpress.com
www.aliexpress.com

All of these use the same login. With chrome, they were bunched together automatically. But in the import process they were separated out. And 1password does not detect these as the same account.

I have seen multiple posts on reddit, here, ect. Asking for a feature that allows accounts to be merged if they have the same username and password, but just slightly different urls. With the usual response from staff or community managers being being "thats a great idea! i'll forward it to the team. -sent 10 years ago"

I'm honestly just asking for a genuine response of if there are any plans to support this kind of merging or if anyone here has any real solutions that don't require me having to copy, edit, paste, copy, edit paste my entire password collection.

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.28 (81028034)
Extension Version: 2.22.1
OS Version: Windows 11 23H2
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited April 17
    Options

@Leafyon

All we (here in the community) can do is pass along your desire to the products team and ensure your voice is heard. That's why we often mention passing it along to the team. It's so you know your post was seen, and we took action on it. I wish I had a better answer to provide other than the customary. The team sees every request.

ref: PB-39323589

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member
    Options

@Leafyon If u know programming I assume it can be done through some python and their cli api or so, but I agree that their import manager should be more helpful....

• ag_tommy
    Options

Merging is a tricky business. Please ensure you have saved copies of the password if something should go wrong.