How can I make the font size in your web browser GUI smaller? The current size is unusable!

Options

I am a long time 1Password user and I was recently forced to upgrade my 1Password when I upgraded to my OS to Sonoma.

After the upgrade I have found it nearly impossible to use the GUI in a web browser because the text is now jumbo-sized and the names of all of my stored passwords are being truncated.

Are there any plans to fix this issue? It seems like others brought attention to this problem several months ago.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 14.4
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• jgalton
    jgalton
    Community Member
    Options

https://1password.community/discussion/120588/browser-extension-font-size

I see that this previous thread regarding the issue has been closed. I assume this means the issue has been resolved and I am just not seeing where the option is to change the font size?

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @jgalton! 👋

Thanks for reaching out. There currently isn't a way to change the size of the 1Password pop up if you're referring to that. This is what it should look like:

1Password should be big enough to show your item's information at a glance without overwhelming your screen. Does 1Password on your Mac look different from the picture above? If you're seeing larger text then are you using any sort of zoom or accessibility features in Firefox and on your Mac? Are you able to post a screenshot of what you see on your end?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• jgalton
    jgalton
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that is what it looks like. It's become totally unusable for me. Why did you change it from how it has been for the past 15 years? Is the person designing your GUI getting too old to see smaller type? Why can't I at least resize the window to make the popup window taller and wider so I can see the full names of my passwords? It's bad enough that I now have to pay a monthly fee for your software...but it's even harder to swallow when your software has become less usable. Also...what happened to the dates showing me the last time the password was changed?

• jgalton
    jgalton
    Community Member
    Options

Your old GUI displayed names that were 28+ characters long. The new GUI truncates the names after 18 characters. I would have to rename hundreds of stored passwords names to make 1Password usable again.

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hello @jgalton, thank you for your reply. I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're bumping into.

May I ask if you're referring to the names on the left sidebar after you open 1Password in the browser? Here's a screenshot of an example item showing 31 characters in the username and title:

You mentioned:

Also...what happened to the dates showing me the last time the password was changed?

The modified and created dates appear after you click on a Login item and scroll to the bottom on the right side of the 1Password extension pop-over. Are the dates not appearing for you in 1Password in the browser after you scroll to the bottom of the Login item?

-Evon

• jgalton
    jgalton
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply. The issue with the name length is the left column. For example, I have half dozen identities that have the same prefix for the first 17+ characters. So I must click on each one to see the full name.

I do see that the modification dates show in the right column after I select an entry. If I could make the popup window wider and taller it would solve both of these issues.

• Dave_1P
    edited April 19
    Options

@jgalton

Thank you for the reply. It looks like all of the titles of your identity items start with a full name which causes the entire title to get truncated in the item list. What I recommend, and it's what I've done myself, is that you rename the Identity items so that the purpose of the item comes first such as "Home - Dave" or you can even just call things like "Dave's Home" and "Dave's Work".

While I can't make any promises, I can see how it would be useful for some folks to have an option to change the font size of 1Password in the browser and I've filed a feature request with the team on your behalf to have them look into adding such an option. Thank you for the feedback! 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-39374549