Biometrics unlock not working after 1password closes in the background

Options
J.M
J.M
Community Member
edited April 17 in Android

I just read this discussion : https://1password.community/discussion/145253/bug-cant-unlock-with-biometrics-after-app-autolocks-on-exit?utm_source=community-search&utm_medium=organic-search&utm_term=fingerprint+android

The exact same thing is happening to me and thought it could be beneficial if i posted here.

So my setup is similar to what was reported in the previous discussion.

I'm on a privacy focused rom (CalyxOS) with MicroG instead of regular google services. No idea if it has a play in this bug.

I set up a 5 minute timeout so the app closes after that delay. When I want to autofill in a browser after 1password is closed, I can select "open 1Password" from my android keyboard. It then brings the 1Password screen and asks for my password instead of asking for biometrics. Clicking on the fingerprint icon next to the password prompt makes the screen blink for a very short duration as if the fingerprint prompt was failing.

Sometimes the app works normally and does bring the fingerprint prompt but it always fails after a while. It seems kind of random but from time to time it consistently fails.

Suffice to say, entering my long master password on a mobile is not a pleasant experience, especially when it happens in crowded places.

1Password Version: 8.10.30
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 14
Browser: Not Provided

Comments