[Bug report] Username suggestion bar issues

Options
Luca01
Luca01
Community Member

On the iOS version of the 1Password app, while entering the username for a new login item, the suggestion bar with previously used logins has a few issues:

• it doesn’t update the suggested usernames based on what has already been typed in the username field
  • it “flashes” at every new keystroke
  • it doesn’t cover the whole width of the display, cutting off a few millimeters from the edges of the screen

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Kester.D_1P
    edited April 18
    Options

Hi @Luca01 - thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. Am I correct in understanding that you're seeing this issue in the 1Password integration with iOS Password AutoFill (after tapping the "🔑 Passwords" button above your keyboard, followed by the "+" button to save a new Login)? If so, the development team are aware of this issue and are working towards a fix. Keeping 1Password up to date will be the best way to ensure that you receive all fixes and updates as soon as they are available.

ref: dev/core/core#25946

• Luca01
    Luca01
    Community Member
    Options

Am I correct in understanding that you're seeing this issue in the 1Password integration with iOS Password AutoFill (after tapping the "🔑 Passwords" button above your keyboard, followed by the "+" button to save a new Login)?

No, I'm actually referring to the interface to create a new login from right inside the iOS 1Password app (open 1Password app > tap the "+" button in the top right > "Login"). The suggestion bar in this case is "attached" at the top of the keyboard, just above the "Predictive Text" suggestion bar of the native iOS keyboard.
    I've just tested the suggestion bar for username field while creating a new login item from the 1Password integration with iOS Password AutoFill and it works fine, sitting right next to the username field being compiled, and it even updates the suggestions based on the currently typed username (though it could definitely be a bit wider to display more suggestions).

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Luca01

Thank you for the clarification, I can confirm that the issues with usernames not filtering as you type and the suggestions bar flickering are both known issues that our developers are aware of and have in their backlog to investigate further.

I can also see what you mean by the suggestion bar not covering the entire width of the display. This seems intentional but I'll pass along your feedback to our design and product teams so that they can see if this part of the user interface in the app can be improved in the future.

I appreciate you taking the time to report these issues. Let me know if there's anything else that I can help you with for now. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#25946
    ref: dev/core/core#24142
    ref: PB-39366212