[solved] family member complains brave extension prompt for password incessantly

Options
kimsia
kimsia
Community Member
edited April 19 in 1Password in the Browser

A family member on the family plan complains that the brave extension for 1Password keeps prompting for passwords

Is there a way to prevent it from being prompted too often on the brave browser?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• kimsia
    kimsia
    Community Member
    Options

Nvm family member says installing desktop app solves the issue

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @kimsia! 👋

Thank you for reaching out! I'm happy that your family member was able to improve the situation by installing the desktop app, that's what I could have recommended as well. When the desktop app is installed you can unlock 1Password in the browser using biometrics and you won't always be prompted for your account password when you close and reopen the browser. That being said, your family member can further adjust how often they're prompted to unlock 1Password by changing their auto-lock settings:

And, if they haven't already, I also recommend that they turn on biometric unlock so that they can unlock 1Password using their fingerprint or Windows Hello instead of having to type in their account password all the time:

I hope that helps! 🙂

-Dave