I am tired of wasting my time on settings for this application

Options
thecatfix
thecatfix
Community Member
edited April 20 in 1Password in the Browser

I am about done with 1password. I reset this setting and I keep getting the popup.

Do I use multiple browsers? YES. Do I have multiple profiles on Chrome? YES

Why can't I set this up on the application for the Operating System and quit the nonsense with these extensions?

I use 1password everyday and I have no clue what the settings mean on the browser for Auto-fill and save section.
This makes ZERO sense.

• Login automatically using "sign-in with" provider
  • Stop competing "sign-in with" pop-ups in the browser
  • Offer to save "sign-in with" logins

Actually after looking at this page and seeing the new allow caching passkey ID option, I am done. I can't keep up and the application doesn't even work half the time b/c it will not autofill anymore.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.28 (81028034)
Extension Version: 2.23.22
OS Version: macOS
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @thecatfix! 👋

I'm sorry for the frustration. You're seeing the "Sign in with" prompt because 1Password has detected that you're using Sign in with Google to sign into the website that you're visiting but the Sign In button is greyed out because 1Password isn't able to find the "Sign in with Google" button on that specific webpage in order to sign you in automatically. If you visit a page on the website where there is a visible "Sign in with Google" button then you should be able to click on the "Sign In" button in the prompt. For example try this page: https://hub.flexibits.com/login

You can read more about the "Sign in with" feature here: Use 1Password to sign in to sites with supported providers

If you'd like to turn off the "Sign in with" feature entirely then you can follow these steps:

1. Right-click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and click Settings.
    2. Click Autofill & save.
    3. Turn off "Offer to save “sign-in with” logins" and "Log in automatically using a “sign in with” provider".

That being said, I have filed an issue with the team to see if we can improve 1Password's behaviour on this page. Thank you for the feedback!

Regarding the other screenshots that you posted, I see that you've added "Google Chrome" and "1Password for Safari" to the Connect to additional browsers section. This is a section that allows you to use unsupported browsers with 1Password. Google Chrome is already supported and 1Password for Safari is our browser extension for Safari, not a browser itself. You can remove both entries from this screen since adding them here doesn't do anything.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#29233