Autofill No Longer Working; Other Issues

Options
mhosborn
mhosborn
Community Member
edited April 23 in 1Password in the Browser

I have noticed recently that more and more websites are no longer working with 1Password's autofill functionality. When I visit a website that I need to log into, with the Safari extension unlocked, and click on the 1Password icon that appears in my username field, nothing happens. So if I then go to the Safari extension and select the proper credentials and choose Autofill...nothing happens.

As an example, if I go to the Apple Support Community website, the site initially thinks I want to use my iCloud AppleID. But for this website I use a different AppleID. When I click on Use a Different AppleID, I used to see my 1Password credentials for this different AppleID. Now, I don't. And again, clicking on the 1Password icon in the sign in window doesn't work. I now have to go to the Safari extension, select the proper AppleID, then Copy the password and paste it into the login window.

Not sure if this broke with a 1Password update or a MacOS update?

1Password Version: 8.10.30
Extension Version: 2.22.1
OS Version: macOS 14.4.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited April 23
    Options

Hello @mhosborn! 👋

I'm sorry that autofill isn't working when you use 1Password for Safari. Can you try the suggestions in this guide, which are designed to help get you up and running again:

If none of those suggestions help then I'd like to ask you to send in a console log when reproducing the issue: Save a console log for 1Password in your browser

Attach the file to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• mhosborn
    mhosborn
    Community Member
    Options

Dave,

Thank you for the (super!) fast reply!

Although I know I've rebooted since this issue cropped up and didn't notice any change, I went thru the steps outlined in the first link you provided in your reply.

My Safari browser is current, so that didn't help.

However, when I quit and restarted the 1Password app, now I'm seeing what I used to see on the Apple Support Community...so I guess the problem's been resolved.

Thank you!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@mhosborn

I'm happy that restarting the 1Password app resolved the issue. Let me know if you run into any other issues. 🙂

-Dave