Using in browser without desktop app?

Options

Hi, I'm thinking of switching from LastPass but some of the stuff I've read suggests the windows desktop app is fairly central to 1password. It's unlikely I'll be able to install it on my work PC, which is the only computer I use regularly - the rest of the time I'm usually just on android devices. Could anyone give me an idea what the limitations would be if I were to essentially only ever use in the browser and on android?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @dafino! 👋

Thank you for the interest in 1Password and welcome to the community! The 1Password for Windows desktop app is great for editing your items and, having it installed, also allows you to unlock 1Password using Windows Hello on your Windows PC.

If you don't have the desktop app installed then 1Password in the browser will still work just fine and you'll unlock the browser extension using your account password. If you need to edit items then you'll be able to use the amazing web app on 1Password.com.

If you're looking to give 1Password a try then you can get started here: Get started with 1Password

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

-Dave