1Password CLI Beta no longer works

Options
leva0887
leva0887
Community Member
edited April 24 in CLI

1Password CLI Beta no longer works after update 1Password to version 8.10.30
1Password CLI version 2.23.0-beta.01

I am using this bundle with terraform plugin and now I can't use it after update

How can I download previous version of 1Password? Or how to fix this issue?
Or update 1Password CLI Beta please

[ERROR] 2024/04/24 22:27:58 connecting to desktop app: 1Password CLI couldn't connect to the 1Password desktop app. To fix this, update the desktop app to the latest version. If you're still having trouble connecting, restart the app. If you're using version 8.10.12 or earlier of the app, the 1Password CLI binary must be located in /usr/local/bin/op.

1Password Version: 8.10.30
Extension Version: 2.23.0-beta.01
OS Version: macOS 14.4.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @leva0887! 👋

I'm sorry that the CLI isn't working on your Mac. It looks like you're using an old version of the CLI, the latest version is 2.27.0. You can update using this guide:

Let me know if you still see the issue after updating. 🙂

-Dave

• leva0887
    leva0887
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for misunderstanding, but I need only beta version of CLI, because only beta works with terraform plugin. Please update beta version or tell me how to use terraform plugin with 2.27.0

Also please take a look on instruction. It says only beta will work with terraform plugin
    https://developer.1password.com/docs/cli/shell-plugins/terraform/

• Dayton_ag
    Options

Hey there @leva0887, I took a closer look at the beta on MacOS and I'm seeing the same thing; the beta version of the CLI tool immediately errors out when attempting to sign in. I've reached out to the Development team to bring this to their attention. I apologize for the inconvenience here!

In the meantime, it should still be possible to sign into the terminal manually, so you can continue using it. To do so, sign into the 1Password desktop app, navigate to Settings -> Developer, and toggle off the Integrate with 1Password CLI option. This should allow you to add your account to the CLI manually.