Feature Request: allow me to manually add a linked app in the login item

Options
fernandog
fernandog
Community Member

Allow me to manually add a linked app for login items using mobile app. Some apps doesn't allow me to save the linked app in the 1password app and I miss this information.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @fernandog! 👋

Thanks for reaching out, if you've already setup autofill for Android then you can link a login with a certain app by following these steps:

1. Open the app in question and tap on the username/password field.
    2. Tap Open 1Password from above the keyboard.
    3. Search for your login and tap on the login item you're looking for.
    4. Select Fill & Update Login.

1Password will fill your login in the app or browser and update your Login item to link it to the app or site. If this doesn't work then are you able to share the name of the app and post a screenshot of what you see after following the steps above?

-Dave

• fernandog
    fernandog
    Community Member
    edited April 26
    Options

Yes, but for some apps 1password shows a message: "1password can't verify if the app or website should have access to your login ...." It has a "cancel" and "allow once" options. Can't understand why it doesn't allow me to save the app to the login item. And for some other apps, the autocomplete doesn't appear at all

And I noticed it saves a "https://localhost" URL to the item

• kuoirad
    kuoirad
    Community Member
    edited April 29
    Options

I am having this exact problem/annoyance with one of my banking apps currently. I actually already had it saved as a linked app but that wasn't working.

I tried deleting its linked app from the entry to see if it would give me different options than Cancel and Allow Once. No luck there.

1Password Version: 8.10.30 Android
    OS Version: Android 14 w/ April security update
    Phone: Pixel 7

• Car4445
    Car4445
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having this issue too. I'd like to have 1password remember this choice. The documentation seems to indicate that there should be an option to save the app's identifier:

1Password will warn you and offer to update the item with the app's identifier
    https://support.1password.com/android-autofill/#save-create-and-fill-passwords

(The screenshots wouldn't work so I used one of those old fashioned DSLR cameras to take this picture.)