Where should I report a potential security issue?

Options
FelixJackson26
FelixJackson26
Community Member
edited April 26 in 1Password in the Browser

Dear 1Password team,
I hope this message finds you well and is directed to the appropriate channel for attention and consideration. I have recently identified a potential security issue that could affect the privacy and security of 1Password users.

I understand the sensitivity around reporting such issues, especially when it involves detailed reproduction steps and the potential scope of impact. I am prepared to provide a comprehensive report detailing the exact steps for replication and possible recommendations for mitigating such attacks. I can also provide a brief video demonstration of this issue if necessary.

I am reaching out to inquire where I can send this detailed report and video evidence. I have sent an email about this question (the title) to 1password support and have not received a response. My intention is to ensure that this issue is addressed properly to protect 1Password users against potential security threats.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. I look forward to your response and am eager to contribute in any way I can to help safeguard the privacy and security of 1Password users.

Best regards~

1Password Version: 8.10.30
Extension Version: 2.22.1
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• GreyM1P
    Options

Hi there @FelixJackson26

You should have received an auto-reply from BitBot containing a conversation number in the form ABC-12345-123 – if you can let me know, I'll be able to find your message and make sure it reaches the right team. I look forward to hearing from you. :)

— Grey

• FelixJackson26
    FelixJackson26
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @GreyM1P ,

Thank you for the message. I have received the auto-reply form BitBot, and the conversation number is ABC-12345-123. Could you please let me know what I should do next? Should I directly reply to that email?

I am looking forward to your guidance. Thank you!

Best regards,

FelixJackson26

• FelixJackson26
    FelixJackson26
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @GreyM1P ,

I am really sorry for disturbing you. I have re-checked my inbox and also the spam folder, but it seems that I did not receive the auto-reply from BitBot. I only have received a conversation email from hello @ 1password.community, with your former kind reply.

Should I proceed by replying directly to that email or is there another step I should take to ensure my message gets to the right team?

I appreciate your help in this matter and look forward to your guidance.

Best regards,

FelixJackson26

• Dave_1P
    Options

@FelixJackson26

Thank you for the reply. I don't see an email from the email address that you use for your forum account, did you use a different email address?

You'll only receive an automatic response if you sent the email to support+forum@1Password.com, what email address did you send the email to and what was the email's subject line?

-Dave

• FelixJackson26
    FelixJackson26
    Community Member
    edited April 26
    Options

Dear @Dave_1P ,

Sorry for disturbing you. I have used my 1Password account email to contact the 1Password team. I have received an email from support+security @ 1password.com 50 minutes ago. My 1Password email is [redacted], and the number is #WJP-52386-232.

Can I just send my report to the support+security email?

Thanks for your guidance. I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

FelixJackson26

[Email address removed for privacy, this is a public forum. -Moderator]

• Dave_1P
    Options

@FelixJackson26

You aren't disturbing anyone my friend, we all appreciate you voicing any security concerns that you may have.

I've removed your email address from your post to protect your privacy. Thank you for posting the Support ID, I've located you ticket and I see that my colleague from our security team did indeed reply to you about an hour ago. Please reply to their email to continue the conversation there.

Since we now have a communication channel open via email, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: WJP-52386-232

This discussion has been closed.