Autosave for Logins is out now!

Options

Hey folks! I’m happy to announce our newest addition to the 1Password Extension — Autosave for Logins — is now available to everyone! Update to the latest version to start using it today.

Autosave for Logins is a new way we’re making it easier to get your logins into 1Password. Sometimes we still have a few logins stored in our heads, you might have a couple logins still being autofilled by a built-in browser solution, or maybe you’re just a fan of 1Password passkeys and wish you could have that same saving experience across the extension. Autosave for Logins does just that and more!

Now, when 1Password detects you’ve entered in a username and password and have successfully signed into a website or service, it shows a convenient prompt to ask if you’d like to save those credentials into 1Password. You’ll have the option to quickly save and get back to what you were doing, tweak the vault you’d like to save to, or even go into a more detailed editing experience for additional tuning. This feature also works great when you need to update an existing login item. In the near future, we’ll be releasing a new extension setting if you’d like to go full Autosave — and it’s as slick as you think it is.

We’re thankful for all the positive feedback we’ve received during the nightly and beta periods and we couldn’t be more excited to make Autosave for Logins available to everyone today. Feel free to give Autosave for Logins a whirl and tell us what you think!

Best regards,

Travis Hogan
Senior Product Manager — Browser Experience

Comments

• fernando91
    fernando91
    Community Member
    edited May 3
    Options

Holy cow this feature is annoying! It is intrusive like Microsoft Clippy!

Yes, I'm aware that "Save Logins Automatically" can be turned off.

The fact that this was even implemented shows a trend toward annoying 'Fisher-Price' design, and a mentality that 1password thinks it is 'better' than the average person.

Please, respect users' agency and do not have nanny-like behaviour.

General Rule: Applications should never EVER usurp a user's personal workflow. Anything that does this should be disabled by default.

Along with the removal of the drop-down menu option to copy a field to the clipboard (yes I realise you can click on the field itself), the way 1password is repeating Microsoft's 1990s mistakes causes me to consider alternatives.

[Removed profanity, this is a family-friendly community - Moderator]

• fernando91
    fernando91
    Community Member
    edited May 3
    Options

Yes, I agree this "Save logins automatically" feature should never have been enabled by default.

It is intrusive like Microsoft Clippy!

It is nanny-like design and the fact someone even enabled this by default absolutely drives me nuts!

General Rule: Anything that disrupts a user's workflow should be disabled by default.

[Removed profanity, this is a family-friendly community - Moderator]

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    edited May 4
    Options

I tried this function with a new Fritz!Box login. I try to login with a new account that was never saved in 1Password.

After I enter the password and click on the login button, the login proceeds and a 1Password window appears sliding in with the "new item/update existing" function. However this immediately vanishes, when the Fritz!Box refreshes its content and displays the main page. I have no chance to choose anything from that 1Password window, and it's also not possible get this window again except by logging in again, but that's vanishing again as well.

The vanishing is so fast, I was only able to identify the sliding in window by recording a video and single step through the frames to validate it's really the 1Password popup.

I would like a function to manually invoke that vanished popup again. Or that popup should stay as long as I don't manually dismiss it.

This is a screenshot from that video, the frame before the popup vanishes:

• clicktest
    clicktest
    Community Member
    Options

Absolutely thrilled to hear that Autosave for Logins has been released! This feature has been on my wishlist for quite some time. Managing passwords can be such a hassle, but with Autosave, it sounds like a game-changer. Can't wait to give it a try and simplify my login process. Thanks for the update!