New save login pop-up after logging in won't go away

Options
ScwB
ScwB
Community Member

The new feature that "offers to automatically save and update logins with an in-page prompt after successful sign in" refuses to close. The X button doesn't close the pop-up (see attached screenshot for reference) and it just lives on the screen.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.23.3
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Edge

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited May 3
    Options

Hello @ScwB! 👋

I'm sorry that you're unable to dismiss the Save login prompt in Microsoft Edge. I wasn't able to reproduce this issue on my end but it does look like the team has received a couple of reports of the same behaviour from other customers and we're investigating. Can you try the following:

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of Microsoft Edge: Microsoft Edge update settings - Microsoft Support
    2. Fully close and then open Microsoft Edge again.

If you can still reproduce the issue after trying these steps, then is this happening on all websites or just one (or some)? If it's only happening on one website then can you share the website address so that I can try to reproduce the issue?

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#29523

[edit: Added information about other reports.]

• ScwB
    ScwB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave. It's not doing it anymore, so must have been something that occurred just after the upgrade. Anyway, you can close off this post. Thanks for the help regardless.

• ag_tommy
    Options

I'm glad to hear things are looking up. On behalf of Dave, you're welcome.

• ScwB
    ScwB
    Community Member
    Options

I spoke too soon. Looks like the problem still exists, though sporadically. It's occurring on the Tangerine website (software versions in original post). It's prompting me to save a new item or update an existing one (which is different than the login). The prompt refuses to go away and forced me to close the tab. This was the same as last time.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@ScwB

I'm sorry that you're still seeing the issue. So that I can investigate further, I'd like to ask you to send in a console log when reproducing the issue:

Attach the file to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#29523

• dspass
    dspass
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also having this problem - Chrome (Windows).

• Dave_1P
    Options

@dspass

I'm sorry that you're also unable to dismiss the Save Login prompt. If you close Chrome and then reopen it then does the issue return? Does it only happen on one page or on multiple different pages? Can you share a webpage where you're seeing the issue?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• dspass
    dspass
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the follow-up. Yes, the issue returns after closing and reopening Chrome. I've tried to recreate the issue on a different website, but in that case, I was able to dismiss the prompt. So far, it appears to be happening when the prompt comes up on a site where I use an additional passphrase to get to an encrypted area. I don't want to save the passphrase, so I try to dismiss the prompt, but it stays in place.