Employee vault - Private was better

Options
lukacszoltan
lukacszoltan
Community Member

I have several problems with renaming the Private vault to Employee.

1. I own the company. I'm an EMPLOYER.
  2. Everyone understands the word private, it's universal. Employee is not. North Americans tend to forget that for most people on earth english is a second language.
  3. Why on earth is it forbidden to rename the vault?
  4. For Employees the word private actually meant, that it's theirs, it's private. Seeing employee sends the message: you are not entitled to your privacy, you're just an employee.
  5. I'm not a native speaker, but I believe this feature upgrade falls into the "polishing the turd" category. If it's not broken, don't repair it.

It's so unnecessary, that I registered to a website to tell you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@lukacszoltan

I'm sorry you feel that way. The team has put up a blog posting which you may be interested in reading. Introducing Employee Vaults for Teams & Business

• DerekErb
    DerekErb
    Community Member
    Options

I wholeheartedly agree with the author of this post.

Did someone actually ask for this change or did 1Password think it would be a good idea.

"Employee" is a totally inappropriate name for a private business vault.
    Not all 1Password Business users are Employees! Some users are "Clients" and some are "Freelance" or "Independant" or a myriad of other possible situations and terms.

Is there some reason the vault was not given a more generic name, perhaps "Business" to separate it from Personal or Family or something more applicable?

DId 1Password ask us users/clients what we would prefer, especially for an attribute which we cannot modify?

Did I miss out on a survey somewhere?

PS: I read the Introducing Employee Vaults for Teams & Business article. The article explains the reason for changing the name, a supplier decision rather than a client request. But it does not explain why this unnecessarily specific and inappropriate name was chosen and can't be modified.

• ag_tommy
    Options

Thank you @DerekErb

I've shared your comments internally with the team. I appreciate you taking the time to reply here. I'm not part of that specific team; however, I can assure you they have been made aware.