Generating masked email when the popup doesn't show up

Options
Car4445
Car4445
Community Member

I know my Fastmail integration is working because I just used it to create an account on this forum, but on another service I'm trying to sign up for I just see this (no option to create a masked email):

How can I generate a masked email through 1password manually? I realize I can still do it in Fastmail but I am hoping for quick access within 1password as part of a signup workflow rather than a multistep back and forth process.

_1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.30 (81030032)
_Extension Version: 1Password browser extension version 2.23.3 22300302, on STABLE channel
_OS Version: Windows 10
_Browser: Edge and Vivaldi

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Car4445! 👋

I'm sorry that 1Password isn't offering to generate a new masked email alias on the website that you're signing up for. There isn't currently a way to manually generate a masked email alias using 1Password when the suggestion doesn't appear, you'll need to use Fastmail as you noted already doing. That being said, I've filed a feature request with our product team on your behalf to have them look into enhancing the masked email alias feature in the future.

Are you able to provide a link to the page in your screenshot? I can also file an issue to have 1Password's brain updated so that it offers to create masked email aliases there. 🙂

-Dave

ref: 39581067

• Car4445
    Car4445
    Community Member
    edited May 3
    Options
  • Dave_1P
    Options

@Car4445

Thank you for the link. I've reproduced the same issue on my end on that website and I've filed an internal work item to have our team get this fixed in a future version of 1Password.

Let me know if there's anything else that I can help you with. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#29548