ShadowDOM support

Options
passwordless
passwordless
Community Member

There are a lot of posts in 1Password's forums about properly supporting ShadowDOM and Web Components, most of them were not answered, and few old threads did promise a resolve, but the offered fixes are not available or not relevant anymore.

After validating with other password managers's browser extensions (e.g. Dashlane, NordPass and others) - it seems that this is a 1Password problem of lacking real support for web components.

As a company that offers passwordless tools based on Web Components, we get a lot of complaints from our customers about 1Password which doesn't support web components, and this becomes a real problem for a lot of people.

Do 1Password have actual intentions to mitigate this problem? Should we expect to see any meaningful changes to support ShadowDOM in the near future?

Please let us know. Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@passwordless

I do apologize for the trouble. The release to support this was placed on hold due to uncovering a few bugs in the works. I've talked with the team, and they hope to be able to get this into your hands. I can't offer a firm time frame. It depends on what's needed to overcome those bugs. We've not forgotten about this or our users need/desire for us to support it.

• passwordless
    passwordless
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your response. Hoping to see these fixes release soon.

• AndyW1P
    Options

@passwordless

Thanks again for following up on this issue. The team hopes to release a fix as soon as possible, my apologies again for the inconvenience caused.

-Andy