Scan QR code scanning screen does not find QR code - macOS

Options
Zuano
Zuano
Community Member
in Mac

Hello, the app cannot find the QR code for two-factor authentication on my screen.
I have also tried taking a screenshot of the code and zooming in. Without success.

I am trying to import the QR code from my Synology router
Kind regards,
Zuano

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.30 (81030032)
Extension Version: 2.22.1
OS Version: macOS 17.4.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@Zuano

If the code is dense, you may need to increase its size. When this happens, I typically increase it twice. Can you try increasing the size of the QR code? You can do this by pressing the Command key (Control on Windows) and "+" while viewing the code in the browser. I typically have great success with this option. There are others you can try below.

• To return to the standard view size in the browser, press the Command key (Control on Windows) and 0.

Potential other options:

1. You can also try copying the code from the screen optionally. 1Password is able to see the code on the clipboard. I'm not sure if the code is copyable, but you might also give that a try. Right-click and use the copy image action.

2. Try scanning the code using 1Password in the browser by using the three vertical dots (more actions). Then select scan code.

1. Lastly, ensure that you've restarted 1Password after granting any needed permissions. If not, you may be unable to scan.
    • Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click (Option-click) on the helper and select Quit. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder.