Browser extension not filling into Flutter web app

Comments

• claudec
    claudec
    Community Member

I know this thread is about Android primarily, but any word on Autofill working in browser extensions for Flutter web applications? It doesn't seem to work on chrome or safari.

• Hey @claudec. Sorry I missed your comment!

I'm not quite sure I understand. Are you referring to the 1Password browser extension filling in Flutter web apps?

• claudec
    claudec
    Community Member

Correct. It doesn’t seem to work with flutter apps on web. Is that on your roadmap?

• Thanks @claudec. This is indeed a different issue. Can you give an example of a Flutter web app that I can share with the right team for testing?

• claudec
    claudec
    Community Member

For sure, we have a flutter app with a login on the web https://app.appfit.io/login

• @claudec

Thanks! It looks like this site is using shadow roots. Unfortunately we're not yet able to fill in frameworks using shadow DOMs, which is why filling isn't working on this site. Do you happen to know if this is typical of Flutter web apps, or particular to this one?

• claudec
    claudec
    Community Member

I don't think we're doing anything special here, it's a standard flutter app.

• Thanks for the update! I'll share this with the rest of the team so they can look into it!

This discussion has been closed.