Will 1Password be finally implementing tag organizing features?

clayRay
clayRay
Community Member

I've imported my passwords from KeePass and as a result they all have an extra parent tag that I would like to remove. I tried deleting the parent tag of a test tag, but unfortunately this happens when I delete and then confirm the deletion: Nothing.
Back in 2018 someone asked about deleting parent tags, and the 1Password staff member said they were working on it. I have hundreds of items and don't want to have to edit each one individually.
It would be handy to be able to drag and drop a tag under a different parent too.

1Password Version: 8.10.30
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @clayRay, thanks for contacting us!

I've done some testing and when removing the parent tag, if there is still an item with the child tag, the parent tag will remain along with the child tag nested underneath in the sidebar. When clicking "Delete Tag" on the parent tag in this case, it will appear as if nothing happens, however, the parent tag will be removed from the items that contained it.

I have hundreds of items and don't want to have to edit each one individually.
    It would be handy to be able to drag and drop a tag under a different parent too.

Can you clarify if you're looking to move multiple items from one tag to another tag, then delete the old tag? I can then provide the best workaround for this.

In the meantime, I've submitted a feature request to our Product team for the ability to drag and drop a tag under a different parent tag. If you have any other feedback you'd like to share, let me know, and I can pass this along to them for consideration.

I look forward to hearing from you!

-David

ref: PB40380143