Quick access shortcut no longer browses to web site

Options
fbrownnc
fbrownnc
Community Member
edited June 3 in Windows

Running 1Password browser extension version 2.23.3, when I open Quick Access short cut, search an item in my vault and select it. It does not browse to the web site but begins entering my username and password into whatever browser window I have open. This used to work about 6 months ago but has not been working for quite some time. Do I have a setting that is out of place, or is this a known issue?

Any suggestions are appreciated

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hello @fbrownnc, thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry about the issue you're running into with 1Password.

So that I can take a closer look at the issue you’re experiencing, I’d like to request that you send us some information to support+forum@1Password.com.

With your email please include:

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I’ll be able to locate your message and make sure it’s gotten to the right place.

I look forward to assisting you further.

-Evon

• fbrownnc
    fbrownnc
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, but I don't feel comfortable sending a screen capture of the screen since it contains the username and password. Basically, what is happening is that when launch quick access (ctrl, shift, space) enter the site you want to access and press enter, it starts entering the username and password in the URL portion of the Browser. Since it is not a valid site, it redirects to the browser's default search engine. with the username and password as the search query

• Dave_1P
    Options

@fbrownnc

I completely understand not wanting to send a screenshot. It sounds like you might have enabled the experimental auto-type feature. Can you try turning it off and seeing if the issue still exists:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Windows.
    2. Click your account or collection at the top of the sidebar and click Settings.
    3. Click Labs.
    4. Click Auto-type.
    5. Turn off "Use auto-type to fill logins into focused windows."

Then try to reproduce the issue again. If the feature was already off then please let me know.

-Dave

• fbrownnc
    fbrownnc
    Community Member
    Options

That was it... thanks for the assistance.

• Dave_1P
    Options

I'm happy to help! If you'd like to keep auto-type turned on then you can still open and fill webpages from Quick Access by pressing Alt-Enter on your keyboard.

-Dave