Grey screen after unlocking 1Password for Android

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password BETA Constant Crash on Android.

Comments

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member

@Dave_1P I have not experienced a crash after the last update. But it happened twice that after I used my fingerprint, and the app stayed at the unlock screen (the gray one with the 1P logo).

• kreek
    kreek
    Community Member

@loggor I am also experiencing this issue.
    Most of the time it takes two attempts to authenticate before it works.
    (app freezes on the first authentication, close it, open the app again and authenticate and it works fine)

• @loggor

I'm sorry for the delay in responding, our developers are investigating an issue where 1Password for Android may stop responding after you unlock the app. The next time that the issue occurs, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

@kreek

I'm sorry that you're seeing the same issue, I've replied to you here: App freeze after successfully inputting PIN — 1Password Community

-Dave

• monofurioso
    monofurioso
    Community Member

This hang/freeze is still happening to me. I sent diagnostics. Support ID: HNX-35747-756

• Looks like the technical team has replied to you earlier this morning. Please continue the discussion with them.

ref: HNX-35747-756

• 1psidctm
    1psidctm
    Community Member

I have also had this problem for about 1.5 months

• @1psidctm

I'd also recommend getting you before the technical team. Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

Include the following:

Your user name here in the forum. 1psidctm
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/comment/713921/#Comment_713921

This will help us connect the dots as they say.

• wraith
    wraith
    Community Member

I'm also having this issue for several weeks (including with the latest August beta). Launching the 1Password app just hangs after fingerprint. Weirdly using 1Password within the browser works perfectly (even if I choose "Open 1Password" it then works inside).

• @wraith

I'm sorry that you're unable to unlock 1Password on your Android device. If you unlock 1Password using your account password, not your fingerprint, then does the same issue occur?

Can you confirm that specific version of both 1Password and Android that you're using?

-Dave

• wraith
    wraith
    Community Member

Hi Dave, sorry I didn't see this until now. I have just tried and Murphy's Law it's logging in fine at the moment (using fingerprint). I'll continue to monitor.

For reference, I'm using a Samsung S23

• 1Password for Android 8.10.44 (81044021)
    • Android 14 - 1 July 2024 Play System Update
  • @wraith

I'm happy that things are working. If you do run into the issue again then let me know and I can help further.

-Dave