Wrong item content in the browser

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Wrong content is appearing in search results.

Comments

  • GideonVN
    GideonVN
    Community Member
    edited May 17
    Options

    On the beta-view: I first thought this just the search feature, but clearing the filter to see on unfiltered results, if I click through saved items, not all of them update on the right hand detail view.
    It randomly holds focus. It doesn't seem to be latency, as once an entry that doesn't update, multiple clicks on it doesn't trigger the update either. It did seem like it was the same entries that repeatedly didn't want to update.

    I didn't close my browser, but I switched back to the original view, and then back to the beta view and then the locked focus/no-update-on-selection problem disappeared.

    Maybe the first load of the webpage doesn't initialize everything correctly, but it seems to self-rectify, as I haven't been able to recreate the behaviour since.

  • Dave_1P
    Options

    @GideonVN

    Thank you for reaching out. Just to confirm: are you seeing the wrong content in certain items inside of the 1Password desktop app? Or 1Password in the browser?

    What content is incorrect? Is it the notes field in the item? Or something else? If you're able to reproduce the issue consistently then are you able to post steps that I can follow to reproduce it on my end?

    I look forward to hearing from you.

    -Dave

    ref: dev/core/core#29883

  • GideonVN
    GideonVN
    Community Member
    Options

    @Dave_1P

    It was while using Microsoft Edge browser.

    It was when shifting focus between selected items, some items would not update any of the details on the right. As I mentioned, I noticed it on the first login only, so it is as if the initial load doesn't initialise everything, but closing the browser and restarting the session, thereafter the issue went away.

  • Dave_1P
    Options

    @GideonVN

    Thank you for those details. If you do see the issue again then please collect a console log so that the team and I can investigate this further:

    Attach the file to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

    With your email please include:

    You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

    -Dave