Date entry - going back in time

aran
aran
Community Member

When editing an an item in the Windows client, date fields, such as a birth date, can only be changed with a date control. The date control does not allow selecting the year or month, only going back a month at a time. As an example, entering my passport issue date (in a passport item) this way is frustratingly slow. (Not even thinking about my birth date!)

This problem does not occur in the web client, because the web control enables typing in a date.

is there a way to enter dates directly in the Windows client? if not, I'd ask for that as a feature.

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.33 (81033001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• Hi @aran, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about this!

I can definitely understand how entering dates using the date picker is very inconvenient when going back multiple years, and I would be happy to file a feature request to see if we can improve the date picker in the future - just let me know!

In the meantime, I've done some testing in Edit mode on my end and I've found that after clicking into an item's date field to focus it, I can then click on a particular section of the date (day, month, or year) within the field, which highlights it. After this, I can manually type a number into that section. Could you give this a try and let me know if it helps?

I look forward to hearing from you!