SSH socket fails to run in the background, 1Password must be open or must be present in the menu bar

silvenon
silvenon
Community Member
edited June 17 in SSH

I have 1Password set up behind my SSH key when committing code, but unless the app itself is open or I configure it to keep it in the menu bar the socket will close once 1Password is locked and I quit the app, and it will not ask me to unlock:

error: 1Password: Could not connect to socket. Is the agent running?

Fortunately the menu bar is a good workaround, it keeps the socket running in the background apparently, but I'd prefer to remove the menu item eventually. I have 1Password configured to run in the background in macOS, can this extend to the socket? Seems like a bug to me.

Please throw links at me, duplicate community questions etc., I just didn't feel like searching because it's a difficult topic to look for considering all the different environments. And if there already is a solution, update your documentation because it's not there at the moment.

Also, I don't have CLI installed, if that's valuable info. The docs don't say that I need it for this, so I didn't install it.

1Password Version: 8.10.34
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 14.5
Browser: Not Provided