Disable Auto Save for Logins

mtissington
mtissington
Community Member
edited June 19 in 1Password in the Browser

Auto Save for Logins is a royal pain!
It continuously prompts me to Save when it has just filled in the details - so if it just filled them in DONT ask to Save ...

And should I click Save then sometimes it create a new entry.

If you can't fix it to NOT prompt when it already filled in the details then let me disable this confusing feature.

1Password Version: 8.10.34
Extension Version: 2.24.2
OS Version: Mac OS
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• @mtissington

Is this one site or multiple? If it's one site can you share the URL so I can try to reproduce your results? Typically, this happens when the URL saved in 1Password is not the same (or is non existent) and therefore we don't know if a save occurred previously. Can you confirm the URL saved in your login matches the one on the page you're filling?

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member

It's on many sites - and clearly 1P has found the password because it's already auto filled.

• @mtissington

Thanks for getting back to me. I'd recommend talking with my colleagues on the team that work with filling and saving. That way they can gather reports and possibly help reproduce your results for the developers. Do you have time to talk with them? Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member

email sent

• @mtissington

Thank you! Your email made it to the right team and one of my colleagues will send you a reply as soon as possible.

To prevent duplication of efforts, I've closed this thread.

-Dave

ref: CVC-14819-729

This discussion has been closed.