What happened to Never Save and why are all the discussions closed?

Noghar
Noghar
Community Member
edited June 20 in 1Password in the Browser

I am fed up with 1Password 8 asking to save the logins for my bank account. In previous versions I could specify that domain as a place where passwords were never saved - now the prompt pops up constantly and I can't see how to disable it. To me this was a really important function and I am mystified as to why it was cut. I found an ancient discussion from 2016 where a developer appeared to promise it was in the works but that was closed without any resolution years ago. I can't even find the term "never save" in these forums. What is going on? If the feature exists, and I am missing it through abject stupidity, I am happy to be set right.

1Password Version: 8.10.34
Extension Version: 2.24.2
OS Version: 14.5
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @Noghar! 👋

1Password in the browser was completely rewritten a few years ago and the modern version doesn't have a way to permanently prevent saving on certain sites. The following option will turn off 1Password on a page, but only until you restart your browser:

1. Right-click on a page.
    2. Choose 1Password - Password Manager > Hide on this page.

I'd be happy to file a feature request on your behalf to have our team add a "Never save" option to 1Password. Can you tell me a little more about why you don't want to save certain logins in 1Password? The app and browser extension work best when all of your logins are saved.

why are all the discussions closed?

To keep the forum tidy, our forum software closes discussions automatically when there hasn't been any new activity in a thread for some time. This helps to avoid old threads that are no longer relevant to the current version from being bumped and confusing folks.

-Dave

• Noghar
    Noghar
    Community Member

By all means please do add it as a Feature Request, thank you. I think you'll find that I am by no means the first to ask -Google found quite a few archived postings on this forum with the phrase 'never save', even if the search feature on this website can't seem to. And as for why I don't want 1P to save there - I am sure users have various reasons to make exceptions. Personally when it comes to my bank account I prefer to keep my login details in my head. I can't imagine that needs much explanation. You said yourself 'Never Save' used to exist as a 1P feature, and presumably it was added for a reason. I can't see any good reasons for taking it out.

• @Noghar

Thank you for the additional information. While I can't make any promises, I've filed a feature request with our product team. They'll look into adding such a feature to 1Password in the future. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-40584597

• darsnack
    darsnack
    Community Member

Just want to chime in and support this feature request. I have the exact same reason (which I am sure most people share)—absolutely crucial passwords like my bank are things that I do not trust any software to store. Getting prompted every time I log in is annoying.

• Thanks @darsnack

I've also filed a request on your behalf.

ref: PB-40711773