Default positioning of Windows Hello PIN dialog when unlocking on Dual Monitor setup

jbroomfi
jbroomfi
Community Member

Hello,

I have a dual monitor setup (2 x 32" 4K monitors) working in a side by side arrangement. My normal working layout can involve splitting one or more monitor displays 4 ways to host 4 separate Browser instances per monitor while I test web based applications.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I might persuade the Windows Hello PIN dialog to appear on the monitor with the application (in this case the browser) that invoked it as opposed to always appearing on left hand monitor (monitor #1) in my setup?

With a physical viewport of 54" in width, it's easy to miss the Windows Hello dialog popping up on the other monitor when you're staring at the other monitor.

I've checked the settings in 1Password and there doesn't seem to be anything there that might change the behaviour here, also checked Windows Hello settings and there's nothing in the PIN settings that control where the auth dialog appears.

For the record, I don't know if this is a 1Password issues that could be resolved with a patch or whether it's a Windows issue that might necessitate working with Microsoft on to find a resolution - either way I thought I'd ask here in case this is an issue that anyone has, it would be nice to see if this is just a me problem or whether anyone else has the same frustration.

1Password Version: 8.10.34
Extension Version: 2.24.2
OS Version: Windows 11 (23H2) Build 22631.3737
Browser: All Browsers

Comments

• Hi @jbroomfi, thanks for reaching out about this, and apologies for the delay in our response!

I've attempted to reproduce this on my end but for me, the Hello PIN prompt always appears in the centre of the monitor where the browser window that was focused when I clicked the icon to unlock or used the Ctrl + Shift + Space shortcut is located.

Could you tell me a little more about the exact steps you're taking when this occurs?