A couple of feature requests

tickcount
tickcount
Community Member
edited June 22 in Windows

Hello there! I want to request a few features on top of this one.

SSH Agent:

• This is more of an issue than a feature request but there we go. Current 1password ssh client/agent is running on an older version causing fatal errors while trying to clone/push/commit repositories with a large amount of submodules, and as far as i know, it doesn't support OpenSSL. I tried looking it up on the internet, but nothing worked for me so far.

• For example, the lastest built-int GIT ssh client/agent is running on this version: OpenSSH_9.7p1, OpenSSL 3.2.1 30 Jan 2024

• You can check it yourself by executing this command: ssh -V

• The error log is attached as well:
    Cloning into '[...]'...
    remote: Counting objects: 1299, done.
    remote: Compressing objects: 100% (500/500), done.
    fatal: read error: Invalid argument, 125.00 MiB | 1.35 MiB/s
    fatal: early EOF
    fatal: index-pack failed

GUI:

• I'd like to see the interface animated as it provides a more smooth experience.

Miscellaneous:

• Ability to choose which fields you want to have in the quick actions window for each item (with the ability to assign a hotkey for them, eg: CTRL+C, CTRL+SHIFT+C, etc)

^ This would be great for someone who (for example) created an item that contains bitlocker/veracrypt passwords, but you cant really copy anything unless you open 1password window

• Ability to bind an application for an item on both Windows and MacOS (ik it's pretty hard to implement, but there's a way to implement it (at least on windows os) via app Foreground Window HWND -> process file name / hwnd name)

^ Documentation: GetForegroundWindow

• Ability to set custom settings when creating a password via the button on websites [password length / extra symbols / etc]
  • Ability to upload/paste(ctrl+v) a picture of an QR code when creating one

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Browser: Arc Browser

Comments

• Hi @tickcount, thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback!

Could you email in to support+forum@1password.com with the details you've provided here so our team can look into the issue you've mentioned with the SSH agent, and get these feature requests filed for you?

With your email please include:

Once you get a response with a Support ID, please post that number here so we can connect the dots. Thanks!