Contents of the notes field are being prioritised over the username field

This discussion was created from comments split from: Cosmetic - Missing dash between title and note item in the search results.

Comments

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member

Although the dash between title and content does appear to be fixed, the contents of the notes field being prioritised over the username field is still not fixed. It has changed, and shows differently to before, but still, for some items, shows the Notes field instead of the username immediately after the Item title.

Compare this screenshot to the one I posted earlier.

The top two results both have text in the Notes field, but the first one shows the username and the second one shows the Notes field after the item title. The fifth one down also has a username, but shows part of the Notes field.

• fernandog
    fernandog
    Community Member

@snozdop agree with your issue, but may I suggest you put the account name on the title instead of "google account"? The icon already says is a google account. Would be easier to pick in the drop down list when auto filling.

Also suggest using custom icons to be visual better like I do:
    the apple TV account, use a apple tv icon
    the webmaster, use webmaster icon

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member

@fernandog By 'account name' do you mean the username? e.g "example@gmail.com"?

That wouldn't really work for me, as I can't search in 1Password by icon, and I have dozens of logins assigned to the same username - so they'd all show up.

Autofilling in the browser isn't a problem, as it correctly shows the username there, filtered by the site I'm logging in to, and I can quickly choose the one I want.

I just tried changing one of the items named "Google Account" to the email address associated with the account, and entering "google" as the search term it no longer appears at all in 1Password! Even though the item is tagged with "google" and has the "google.com" domain listed in 2 URL fields.

• fernandog
    fernandog
    Community Member
    edited June 18

@snozdop
    I'm curious, why do you need to search for items on 1password instead of using the autofill ?

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    edited June 18

@fernandog I manage websites, servers, mail accounts, online services etc. for dozens of clients. I'm not always just logging in via my own browser. I use different machines, servers, CLI, APIs, apps and get asked to provide forgotten passwords, so I use the desktop app directly a lot. I also like to keep things well-organised so apply tags, rename and move items between vaults. I often use the 1PW app to initiate a login using Open and fill too, and store lots of non-web login items in 1Password.

• fernandog
    fernandog
    Community Member

@snozdop
    cool, thanks for answering.