Android app does not reveal information while connected to a non-working WiFi

onepw
onepw
Community Member

While connected to a wifi network with a captive portal, I am not able to reveal passwords.

This happens on a plane while connected to the planes wifi but before paying for internet access. At that point, the wifi gateway only allows access to its portal and redirects all traffic there through DNS. In that state, I am not able to reveal information in the app, e.g. the CVC of my credit card, which I need to pay for the wifi. 😂

The application also took a few seconds to load on each screen, presumably because it failed to connect and was waiting for some connection in the background to time out.

A workaround is to disable wifi altogether. When completely offline in airplane mode, 1pw works fine.

Can someone from the Android team please take a look?

1Password Version: 8.10.34
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 14
Browser: Android App

Comments

• @onepw

My apologies for the trouble. I was able to locate and existing issue filed with the team for this behavior. I've mentioned you're also affected. I apologize I do not have a forecast on when this will be resolved. I'm hoping quickly.

ref: dev/core/core#23888

• onepw
    onepw
    Community Member

Oh nice, I'm glad you found an existing issue. I assume it's on your internal bug tracker and not visible for me from the outside? Otherwise I'd be curious to follow along there. Thanks for taking a look and letting the team know!

• Our tracker is not available externally.

• graham33
    graham33
    Community Member

I also have the same issue. It's quite a serious problem for a password manager. Is there a way to get updates on when it will be remediated?

• @graham33 and @onepw

A fix for the issue that Tommy mentioned above has been released in version 8.10.48 of 1Password for Android:

We’ve fixed an issue where items could take longer to load on an unstable network (for example, a hotspot).

The current fix might still include a slight delay in item loading time, this is expected behaviour. Please update to the latest version and let me know if you still see the issue. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#23888