What happened to Categories

Options
lcool1020
lcool1020
Community Member

I want to create another category but no longer can find how to do this. I'm on my iMac M1, if this makes a difference... TIA.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 689000
OS Version: macOS 14.5
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @lcool1020! 👋

Thanks for reaching out! 1Password includes a set of default categories and it's not possible to create a new category yourself.

I use Secure Notes to keep track of things that don't neatly fit into one of the categories available in 1Password. Secure Notes are very flexible and you can add custom fields to organize the information that you add. Here's a blog post that explains some of the possibilities:

I'd be happy to file a feature request to have the team look into adding other categories (or custom categories) to 1Password in the future. Can you tell me a little more about what kind of categories you'd like to see?

A quick note: 1Password 6 for Mac hasn't been supported (or updated) for years. I strongly encourage you to update to the latest and greatest version as soon as you have the chance: Upgrade to 1Password 8

-Dave

• lcool1020
    lcool1020
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Dave. I've started creating vaults for items that I can no longer make a category for. In the Personal vault (can't remember now if I created it or 1Password did), I want 'logins' as the default, right now it is favorites.... How do I do this? TIA. Also, sometimes when I open a web page through 1Password, it doesn't always fill in the info. When I go back to get the info from the web site I have to scroll through all my logins to find the page to get the info. Very cumbersome.