Safari multiple Profiles open Problem

Hi,
I am using Safari with a "Business" and "Personal" Profile.
When both Windows are open 1password more or less refuses to work with the "Personal" Profile. It stays locked and autofill of course does not work.
In the current "Business" Profile Window everything works as expected.

Please fix, I guess :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @andrwhmmr, thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry that 1Password isn't working in one of your Safari profiles. What happens when you click on the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar while in the "Personal" profile? Can you reproduce the behaviour you're experiencing on your device and send over some diagnostics, so that we can take a closer look:

Please attach the files to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread. After sending the email, you’ll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I’ll be able to locate your message and make sure it’s gotten to the right place.

I look forward to hearing from you!

-David

• andrwhmmr
    andrwhmmr
    Community Member

Thank you for your kind reply.

The Ticket ID is: UZG-62421-158

• 1P_Gem
    edited July 10

Hi @andrwhmmr, thanks for sharing your Support ID! We've received your email, and a member of the team will be in touch with you there shortly 😄

ref: UZG-62421-158

• andrwhmmr
    andrwhmmr
    Community Member

So for everyone on the Internet: This is a known bug that is currently being worked on.

• Yes, correct. The team is working on this issue. I'm sorry you encountered it.

• patgmac
    patgmac
    Community Member

Is there an ETA? It's been known since at least April.

• @patgmac

I'm sorry for the continued inconvenience. Our developers believe that they have identified the cause of the issue and are coding a fix that should improve the situation with Safari profiles. I hope that a fix will be released to the beta and then the stable version soon.

For the time being, the best workaround is to turn off app integration:

1. Open Safari.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon in Safari and click Settings.
    3. Turn off "Integrate this extension with the 1Password desktop app."
    4. Repeat step 2 and 3 for all Safari profiles.

With app integration turned off you'll need to unlock 1Password in each profile separately and you'll need to use your account password (Touch ID and Apple Watch unlock won't be available). I know that it's not the best workaround but I'm sharing it in case it helps.

-Dave