Soon-to-be-new user with some questions

Fronzizzle
Fronzizzle
Community Member

Hi all,

I'm moving on from my old password manager and after looking at all of my options, I think I've settled on 1Password. However, I have some questions I'm hoping to get answered first.

I've tried finding these answers via Google and/or this forum, but I'm still a little fuzzy on how this would work and what account type I would need.

Currently, my wife and I have our own KeePass databases. This is both good and bad.

We have numerous accounts where we share the same login info. Bank account, investment accounts, various shopping websites like Amazon. So from that standpoint, we both need access to the same information.

We also have a lot of our own logins to the same site. We both have Gmail, Poker stars, Netflix, PlayStation, etc.

So, we need something that has a shared area we can both access, but then also our own area where I have my passwords and she has hers. I think this is done via the Family Plan? Is that correct?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited July 9

@Fronzizzle

Yes, 1Password for families is the desired path.

You'll each have a Personal/Private vault for non shared data and then you'll also have a "Shared" vault for all items shared equally amongst all members the family. If you desire a shared vault just between the two of you you can create one explicitly for that purpose.

• Fronzizzle
    Fronzizzle
    Community Member

Thank you!

• You're welcome and welcome to the community. Stop in at any time.